Search This Blog

Blue Cat Needlework

Monday, May 30, 2011

Blue Cat Needlework

As you can see from the new banner at the top of my blog page, my Etsy store, Blue Cat Needlework, is now open for business.  The Shawl Pins may be of interest to you if you are making a shawl for yourself, or as a gift.  A shawl pin is a nice touch.  Since the pins I used have no coil, they will not snag the shawl.

I am also working on my first order of  six (6) small market bags crocheted using 100% cotton yarn.  I make them a little over-sized so when they shrink, they are still a useful size.  The pattern probably already takes shrinkage into account, but I would rather err on the side of caution.

I made a large version of the market bag - I made it exactly twice the size, but I can't sell it because I did something that makes the handle look like it is attached incorrectly, even though it is mathematically in the correct place.  I used it to carry laundry and a detergent bottle to the laundry-room where I live.  I fit enough clothes in the bag to fill a large capacity washer.  I placed the bag in with the first load, and even after it shrank, I could still carry a washer-load plus a large bottle of detergent.  All of my joins have held.  The handle is fairly wide, and with the inherent stretch, it was comfortable on my shoulder.

The pattern I am using for the market bags is available for free at Lily's Sugar'N Cream website.  This links directly to the pattern.

Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafts2u Online Crafts Superstore