Search This Blog

Blue Cat Needlework

Monday, May 16, 2011

Russian Join

I just tried my first Russian Join!  If you don't know how to do this, please click the link.  It will take you to another Blogspot blog with great pictures.  Thank you to Maria who posted this link on the Magic Ball discussion on Crochet Spot.

I am crocheting a Market Bag from 100% cotton worsted weight yarn.  The body of the bag is mesh.  Hiding the ends when joining the new ball is problematic in this situation, so I decided to try the Russian Join.
Russian Join

 Here is the chain loop containing the Russian Join:




 Here is the next round worked into the chain loop containing the Russian Join:



So, it isn't too obvious, and I won't have to weave in any ends.  I will post pix after I launder the bag, and will let you know how it holds up.  The cotton will shrink, so we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafts2u Online Crafts Superstore